Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Finally leaving... :,(

Picture taken on Christmas Eve before singing at the zoo
(Nice antlers on Hermana Pratt)

So, this week is transfers, and both me and Hermana Chambers are both getting transferred. I can't believe they are whitewashing the area! I am so worried about our investigators and recent converts!  I hope these new missionaries are great. 
So, side note, no one send anything to 8742 Shadymist dr anymore. I might get it eventually, but not for a long time. So just send it to the mission office. I don't have that address, but mom, you probably do. So if you wanted to like stick that in here and pretend like I knew it, that would be great. I'll know where I'll be living pretty soon though. I'll let you know next week probably. Or like in a letter or something. 
My letter will be a bit short today, I have a few other things I have to do on the computer today. Sorry. 
We said goodbye to the H family last night. First time I've cried on my whole mission. It was really hard. But I am definitely going back for the baptism. There is no way I'm losing contact with this family.
So Christmas was great! I already kind of told you about when I skyped you, but yeah. We had breakfast at the A's, which was fun. 
Christmas

The Elders forgot to tell us to bring our presents there to open them though, so they all had their presents and we had already opened ours. But the A's are so cute they had presents for all of us. They got the Elders all a new white shirt and tie, and they got us some nice makeup. They are wonderful. 
Christmas
Then we went to another home. They are CRAZY. The first time I went to their house I had like the biggest headache of all time. It was a bit better this time. Two of their kids and all the missionaries played some bible mad gab and then we played apples to apples bible edition. That was pretty funny. It was a bit hard because you would have like a really funny card or something or a good one and then someone would put in like Jesus or the Atonement or something. Which is like sacrilegious if you don't pick it. But it was super fun and we were stuffed by the end. 
THEN we went to another house. They were married the weekend before in the temple. He has been the 2nd counselor in our bishopric. They are a great. Her family was still over from the wedding. It was really good. 
And the H family is so cute. When we went over there yesterday they had presents for us. They told us to open it at our house. Inside were precious/adorable notes and a pack of really cute earrings. I am SO sad to leave them. I am very glad that I am serving in a place that I can pretty easily come back to visit someday. 
But yeah, Christmas was good. New years will be good. We are having a zone p-day today, then we have to be inside by 6:00. Tonight will be all packing. My stuff is ALL over the house. That will be annoying. That is my least favorite part of going places. Packing. I despise it. Oh well. 
They didn't tell us where we are going this time. They have done it differently every time I've been here. They just tell us whether or not we're leaving. It is stressful. I hope I have a good companion. And am in a good area. I'll miss Hermana Chambers, too. She is great. Even though we're so different, she is one of my best friends. As President Wilson told me in an interview (then quoted to the whole mission. Thanks Prez.) That is a sign of maturity. He was like, "You know, one of our sweet missionaries was telling me in an interview, when I asked about their companion, ' you know, I think we just disagree on everything. But she is still one of my best friends and I just love her so much!!'  (President Wilson-ified) And you know what I told that missionary? I told her it's a sign of maturity. If you can be together with someone so different and not only get along but be friends, that is what God wants from us."
And afterwards I shook his hand and he was like, "Did you like that story?" and it was funny.  Goodness. In front of the whole mission. Thanks lots. Oh well. It's not like he said my name, which was good. That would be embarrassing. And it takes a lot to embarrass me nowadays.
But anyways. I hope you all have a happy new year and a wonderful day!
Hermana Pratt

Ps sorry I haven't written any letters lately, I've been way busy. I am planning on it though. And yeah.


Pps to everyone that sent me Christmas money/stuffers thanks a lot! I really really appreciate it. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment