Monday, August 5, 2013

This week we've taught some lessons. I'm feeling more confident about my Spanish so I try to talk a little more. It doesn't always go well, but I'm working on it. When people ask me things I always have to ask them to repeat it and I understand them about half the time. Which is pretty good, I think.
Not a ton has happened. We taught Enrique the word of wisdom and he loved it! He told us he doesn't drink much, and he doesn't smoke except when his friends offer him one, but he says he'll stop that. He also doesn't drink soda, which is really unusual for a Hispanic. They all come from countries where you can't drink the water so they think you shouldn't drink it here either so they mostly drink soda and juice. But still. It's good. He's going to be out of town for two weeks, so we moved his date to the 31st of August. 

I love studying the scriptures! The past few days I've read 3rd and 4th Nephi, Mormon, and most of Ether today. It is really sad but also really interesting to see how much the cycle accelerated all the sudden because the Nephites turned away from God. Don't do that. But I loved reading about Christ (always) and like the 3 Nephites and stuff. Crazy to think about.

This is right by Martin's house. He is super cool. He's a member that was less active for a little while but now he's back and he is hilarious. It is tradition for all the missionaries to take their picture next to it. I don't think the people in that house know about it...

Lovely seahorse statue - there are a million weird lawn statues here


 So we have a problem with our sink. And our dishwasher. Whenever we use one, the other one backs up. This time though, my companions were at a meeting because they are the sister training leaders and I was with the English sisters we live with and one of them put dish soap in the dishwasher instead of dishwasher soap. Fail.


The second one is the front of the thing on our key ring to the church. 
the other one is the back. In case you can't tell, someone is running over a baby with a lawnmower and its foot is being hacked off. Isn't that something you'd want to have on your key ring?

Who knew otters climbed? Not me

Feeding a giraffe at the zoo!
                                               I was talking to a parrot. It was talking back.

This is Kenyn. He is five and one of the most adorable little kids ever. We gave him our nametags and he put them all on and was so proud of himself and had the biggest grin on his face. He is very funny. He knows a bit of english but mostly Spanish so it is funny to hear him speak English because they are just random phrases he learned from his brother Daniel who we teach in English or from TV. His parents are awesome too.





No comments:

Post a Comment