Saturday, June 15, 2013

10 Days in the MTC

Hola!
Como esta? I'm doing much better. It's been a REALLY long ten days, but at the same time it is going fast. I'm getting a bit more used to the 6:00 AM thing, but it still kills me. 

I'm doing way good with Spanish, we've taught 5 lessons and have been progressing way fast.There is no way I could do this without the Lord on my side. I love this Gospel!

So now I suppose I'll tell you about the people in my district.  So there is Elder Lee, who just graduated high school. He's like 6'4'' and pretty good at learning Spanish. He's from Rexburg Idaho. He's our district leader.
His companion is Elder Nuttall. He's hilarious. If you remember Ratatoullie, he is Linguini. Like exactly. The only difference is he doesn't have ginger curls or a massive nose. His voice is the same, he acts the same, he's just as spazzy; we're pretty sure they based the part on him. A quote from Elder Nuttall, after learning and teaching us Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, "We should sing this to Hermana Bryan when she comes in. We're totally going to Spanish her!" Needless to say, she was entirely Spanished. He and Elder Lee have the funniest conversations.
Then there is Hermana Parkinson. She has the most hilarious laugh ever. It is ridiculous. Every time she inhales there is like this super loud squeak. And she always laughs the hardest at her own jokes. It is great.
Her companion in Hermana Hood. She is shorter than me, with curly blonde hair, and she talks with this rasp because she has Nodes, which is apparently something from Pitch Perfect. But it's like a disease things that puts stress on your vocal cords and crushes your dreams, apparently.
Then there is Hermana Fisher. She is tall, and tan, from St George. She's always cold, being from there, and always wants to turn up the heat. I bet you can guess how I feel about that.
Her companion is Hermana Beckstrand. She's quiet, with dark hair, and she's way nice. I like her.
Then there is Elder Denney who has blonde hair, blue eyes and is hilarious also. At first he's pretty quiet and solemn, but secretly he's really funny.
Elder Smith is his companero. He is also really tall, and is a ginger. He pretty much has my same sense of humor. It's like if I was turned into a redheaded guy. It's really entertaining.
Then there is mi companera, Hermana Dangerfield. She's way cool, and also really funny, especially at night. She's doing way good at learning Spanish, considering she spoke zero Spanish before the MTC. She's really good at keeping me focused and it's sweet.
Our teachers are Hermana Bryan and Hermano Osuna. Hermano Osuna was the one that was pretending to be Carlos, our investigator, for the first week. I feel really bad for him. I can't believe he was able to decipher our Spanish. Now he is our teacher. Hermana Bryan is now pretending to be our next investigator. She's pretending to be a 12-year-old girl named Camila. We taught her for the first time yesterday. It went well. We were apparently the only ones who got her to open up and tell us about what she wanted to know.
I think next week we start teaching Hermano Osuna again, this time as "Everardo." Hopefully it goes well.

Well, not much else to say for now. I just want to tell you that I love this Gospel! It is the best part of my life and I know that without the guidance of the Holy Ghost, not only would I not be here (obviously), but I also wouldn't be nearly as happy, I would have no purpose or direction in my life. I know that He is there and that God loves us. If you're ever feeling down, just go say a prayer and ask to know that. I promise you will receive an answer. He is our Father and He wants to talk to us. I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon, and the Spirit I feel when I read it. I know that it truly is the most correct book on earth and that if we abide by it's precepts, we cannot go wrong. I'm so glad for the opportunity I have to be here, learning how to teach His children and learning Spanish, for that matter! It is incredible.
Well, that's all for now. Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment