Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'm a missionary! For those who might not have known....

Hola!
This week has been challenging.  I feel like being here and having these trials has brought me closer to Christ than I ever have been before. He is my best friend and the only one I can trust completely.  Hermana Chambers suggested I get a blessing. I was going to ask President Wilson, but he was up north, which is way far away. So we called the Zone Leaders and at first they didn't answer and stuff so we talked for a while longer and eventually they called us back and we met them at the church and they gave me a blessing. It was so cool. It was like they had heard every word of our conversation, as well as the things I didn't say. They told me that Heavenly Father is proud of the work I am doing and is so happy that I am serving here in Richmond, Virginia. He said a lot of other things that no 21 year old basketball player could ever have said. I have such a strong testimony of the Priesthood! It really is the power to act in God's name and I know that Elder Murdock was not the one telling me those things, Heavenly Father was. It gave me a lot of comfort and I am so grateful for the time I have to be a missionary.  It is such a once in a lifetime thing and I don't have that much time left. I can never believe it when I tell people I've been out for 13 months. It is crazy how fast time goes, but so slowly at the same time. This week has gone by SO fast, though.
On Wednesday, we had District Meeting in the morning.  Then the rest of this week has been great! We had a lot of miracle lessons with less actives and recent converts and stuff. We didn't teach a lot of our investigators this week, but we saw a lot of members and helped out some people with family history. And we have an appointment to do an FHE with a member about family history. Hermana Hiebert is really good at it! Apparently she did a service mission about it or something. So we didn't see a lot of living investigators this week, but we got a lot of new dead ones! We're going to help them prepare the names for the temple. I would like to learn how to do family history, and Hermana Hiebert has promised to teach me sometime when we get to take our hour of mormon.org time. I want to take some family names through the temple, if I can ever find any!
This morning we went to the zoo, which was fun, as always. We watched the penguins get fed and the lions were roaring and stuff. We watched some turtles. Fun fun. 
We were back in our house ever since Monday. The air conditioning works again. Which has been nice. 
Well, anyways, I love you a lot! Have a great week and watch out for dandy lions! (I love puns.)
Love,
Hermana Emily Pratt


No comments:

Post a Comment