Monday, September 16, 2013

EMILY'S RANDOMNESS

This is a picture of a finding activity we did. We set up a table at a flea market and it had 
a bunch of pamphlets and DVD's and Books of Mormon and stuff. The picture is our district 
(Except it might be missing one companionship of Hermana's) and the Zone Leaders came too. 

Zoomed in shot of Emily


So you probably can't tell, but this spider is ridiculously large. 
Like with it's legs spread out, it was at least as big as my palm. Probably bigger. 
We found it tracting, in front of someone's door. That's terrible. 

So this week lots has happened. It has been a week of finding new investigators, according to our mission president. It was like a competition thing. We kind of failed miserably, but it was for good reason. We already had a bunch of appointments with our other investigators and a lot of stuff to do. One day we had sister's meeting, which was pretty fun. I didn't get much in the clothing exchange. Like one shirt and one blazer that I realized afterwards is dry clean only. It is super cute though, so I might keep it anyways.
For the past few weeks our car has been telling us to "service airbag." So last week we took it in and they told us that we had to set up an appointment for that. They also told us that until that light goes off, the airbags won't go off, even if we wreck or anything. So this morning we took the car up to Henrico, which is out of our area - but we had permission. Our District leader Elder Pedraza and his companion Elder Steiner followed us up there and drove us back home and we're spending P day with the sisters we live with. And the Elders will probably drive us back to pick up the car whenever it is done. We don't really know what is happening yet. Oh, speaking of Elder Pedraza, he's Mexican, so we've been learning lots of Spanish from him. Which is good because I need to practice more. 

So we have one family that is set for baptism on the 28th of this month. The Mom, Ana has 3 kids (actually she has a lot but we're only teaching 3), Alan, who is 18, Dina, 17, and Brian, 14. Alan didn't come to church this week, so we have to push his date back again. We've moved them back a couple of times. But Dina and Brian at least are ready to move on, regardless of if Ana or Alan are with them. But Ana is pretty solid right now, so we're hoping it stays that way. 
Also, one of our other Investigators, Elba, we set a date for October 26th. She is super cool and so nice. She has a daughter, Corina, who is 13, who is also great. She hasn't set a date yet, but we're hoping that now that her mom has, she'll follow.

So crazy experience last Wednesday. We were at District Meeting, and as soon as it ended one of our investigators, C calls us and tells us that they have her mother and brother hostage in Guatemala and they are going to kill them if they don't pay them money. We called the bishop and stuff and referred it to him, but there isn't really anything anyone can do. We told it to Elder Pedraza and he's like, "Yeah, that happens all the time in Central America. There isn't really anything you can do. If you pay them, they just take your family another time and ask for more. If not, they just kill your family." He like wasn't even surprised. Man, that is terrible! The second coming should just happen so all that can stop. 

I miss hiking in the mountains. I could go hiking here, if my companion wanted to come with me, and if I wanted a million ticks and Lyme disease and stuff. It is super pretty. I want to sometime, there just isn't really any good time. 

I have to sing a lot on the mission. We start every lesson and companionship study and stuff with a hymn. I've decided I might want to like take voice lessons or something when I get back maybe, and improve my voice. It could definitely use it. Too bad it will be too late. Maybe I will just stand on street corners and sing and attract myself a husband that way. 

So, the other day I made a pun. In Spanish. I was really excited. As you might imagine. I miss puns. No one ever laughs when I make puns. They just look at me like I'm a freak. But it's fine. I'll never stop making puns.

Yesterday I read the story of Saul/Paul being converted and it is super great! I would recommend it. Also, me and Hermana Chambers (who is from Kansas City, Kansas, ps) have started reading a section or two from D&C during our companionship study and I like that a lot because we just get to talk about the Gospel and read stuff and all that goodness. 

P.S. you know what is funny? Saying goodbye to a hispanic. Every time, they try to slip in as many goodbye's as possible. You can't just say goodbye and leave. It's always like, Bye, take care, have a good day, we love you, see you later, bye.  So yeah. Hispanics are hilarious. It doesn't even matter what country they are from, they all do the same things. But anyways. Bye, take care, have a good day, we love you, see you later, bye. Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment