Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Hermana Kingsley & Hermana Pratt

Heyyyy! 
This week has been pretty good. On Tuesday the new office sister got here. She is super sweet. Her name is Sister Riggs. We had lunch with her on Friday. She made us tostadas. It was fun.
Also, J and V and H came to church on Sunday! It was so cool! J LOVED it. She loved the classes. She couldn't stay the whole time, but she stayed the first two hours. She said that the class in Gospel Principles was so crazy because her and her husband had been having problems with that for a while and it was just what she needed. Then we went with her to go pick up H from primary and we got there right as they were singing the "hello" song to her. J saw her and instantly started crying and was like, "Yes. This is what I want for my family. This is just what she needs." And she just sat outside and watched them for like half an hour before finally going in to get her and when she left they were all sad and were like, "Bye, H!" and J was so happy that they knew her name and was like, "Don't worry, we'll be back next week!" And she had only been coming to try it out. But she LOVED it and I think V liked it okay too. He'll come around more, I'm sure. He is pretty involved in his church, but he did really like it. I think J will talk him into it. They are SO cool. Like some of the most prepared people I've ever taught on my mission. They have a LOT to overcome, but they can do it. They also got really excited when we told them our church does marriage counselling. 
Also, last Sunday, C, R (her husband) and their kids all came to church again. When we taught them for the first time in ages last week, we had planned to teach some Restoration or something, but we changed the plans and talked about not procrastinating because we never know how much time we have, and they loved it! They even set a (tentative) baptismal date for Sept 28th! This week we'll be doing a baptismal calendar with them to show them exactly what they need to do and a schedule for it, which they are excited about. Especially C. So now we have three new investigators on date! How cool is that?
Also this week Hermana Crisp gave us a cool idea that she heard of some missionaries doing -  an advent calendar; but missionary style. For the members. For example, on day could be like, study this chapter in Preach My Gospel, another, post an uplifting message on facebook, another, go out with the missionaries to teach, and study this topic in the scriptures, etc. So we'll be working on that this week because we thought it would be a great idea to give members ideas they can do and stuff like that. 
Sorry I don't have that much time today to write, my wrist is kind of sore so it is annoying to type, and I have some stuff to work out with President Wilson. (I'll have some exciting news for you - hopefully by next week.) And I was watching some Mormon Messages because I just love those. Enjoy it.
Well, anyways. This week will be a lovely one, I'm excited. Are you excited? I bet. 
I love you! Just the usual weekly reminder about awkward moments and scriptural phrases (see last emails). Eat lots and lots of fruits and veggies!
Love, 

Hermana Emily Pratt


"Men who knit and the Dogs who love them"
(Humor from Emily!)

No comments:

Post a Comment