Thursday, June 19, 2014

Transfer time



A turtle Emily found just outside the back of her apartment







Pictures of some of the people Emily has worked with with in the ward in Mechanicsville

So I am getting transferred. :/ After 6 months here, I guess it was time, but I really love this area and the work was really picking up and people have been progressing. No one came to church this Sunday, but a lot of people started keeping other commitments. For instance, V finally told us she prays every day to find out which church is true and we helped her see that her prayers need to be more specific.  For instance, instead of asking, "Show me the way I should go,"  instead, ask something like, "Should I get baptized into the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?" Yes or no questions are much more easy to recognize answers than broad questions. We always teach our investigators that specific questions bring specific answers. She really understood it and was glad to finally know how to ask because she was starting to get discouraged that everyone would always talk about these times when they'd gotten answers and she had never had one of those experiences like they were describing. So when we explained it she looked so relieved. Also, it was really cute; we saw her on Father's day and she prayed for our Dads. She is such a sweet person.

I'm sending lots of pictures this time, so who knows if I'll have time to write much. But yeah. Ummm.... I hate saying goodbye to people.  This is the main reason I don't want to get transferred. Also my hatred of packing is right up there, too. I despise packing. But luckily I have a lovely companion that is willing to help me out. 

And yes, I did get the package. The pictures were great. The voice recordings were great (Thanks, Ryan!) and it was just great overall. It made a difficult day (the day of transfer calls) a lot better, so I appreciate it a lot. And I love you Mom!
And also Dad. Happy Father's day yesterday! I miss you and I wish I could watch a movie with you and play some games and eat your steak. Next year ;)

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Hermana Pratt
Ps I cut my hair again. A bit different this time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment