Monday, January 13, 2014


Last day in Chesterfield - 12/31/13

So, an investigator was baptized/confirmed yesterday. Surprise!! On like Wednesday night we found out that he had been talking to the Henrico hermanas and decided to get baptized this Sunday. We were a bit sad that no one told us, but it we were so excited! And I don't know him super well yet, but he is really funny.  It was an excellent program and the Spirit was really strong. And a bunch of people from Chesterfield came!! I was talking to J. R. and he was making fun of our accents and stuff like he does; and then I told him I liked his pin (It said "I <3 Jesus") and he was like, "Dice... I love you, Jesus. Eso es lo que dice." And he said it in his hilarious little Spanish accent and it was funny. These things are probably not nearly as funny on the computer as they are in real life and when you don't know these people. But yeah. Oh and I translated for Sister Wilson at the baptism. I think I did a little better this time, but man, they talk fast! And the guy who was conducting was from Argentina and had a really different accent. I haven't met many from Argentina. But yeah, everyone there was great and it was a wonderful day.
Yeah, we get a lot more member dinners here. And we usually get some sort of healthy item too, which is good. But yeah, I really love all the members. Even though it is still a bit awkward being in a regular ward again. 
So yeah, not a lot has happened this week. 
It is exciting that we have a new stake presidency! A bit sad the old one is gone, but yeah. I guess I'll be getting released by President Oviatt now.
So this morning I read something kind of funny in the Scriptures. I read in Mosiah 12:1, which is after Abinadi got kicked out by Noah. It says, "And it came to pass that after the space of two years that Abinadi came among them in disguise, that they knew him not, and began to prophesy among them, saying: Thus has the Lord commanded me, saying - Abinadi, go and prophesy unto this my people, for the have hardened their hearts against my words..." And I was just thinking, "Abinadi! What are you doing? You're not supposed to go in disguise and then tell them who you are the very first sentence to them!! What were you thinking??" It seems like it just wasn't very well thought through. But then I was thinking about how much trust in the Lord he had to have to do that. He was very bold and was clearly not afraid of what they could and would do to him. All he feared was the Lord. It was kind of a cool/funny little insight.
So yeah. Things are great. 
Bye!!
Hermana Pratt



No comments:

Post a Comment